Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dragon 32

A friend recently donated his old Dragon 32 to me, presumably feeling that it would be in a good home. I used to have one way, way back, in fact I believe Dad bought mine for my 12th birthday. I sold it years later for bugger all, during a state of unemployment after dropping out of university and now I bitterly regret it. Not the dropping out, or the unemployment, they were kind of fun for a while.

It's obviously way too much trouble to actually play games on the beast as it's primarily a tape system, and they were a sod to load even when they were new, consequently I've turned to emulation, specifically this one, which works very nicely on a Xubuntu pc I'd got laying around going spare. I've had a real blast playing through some of the oldies; Pettigrew's Diary; Starship Chameleon; Morocco Grand Prix; Franklin's Tomb.

God, they were primitive, but so much fun back in the day. I've even bought some off eBay this week, just so I can own them again.

2 comments:

  1. Question is, how far back are you going to go. That's seriously retro :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always said that I'd only buy to play, however that's turning out not to be the case any more, so who knows?

    ReplyDelete